Monday, 19 June 2017

Summer's Here!

Another scorching hot day so I head to Cromer beach to catch some Summer frolicking and a cool sea breeze. The tide was fairly low when I set up and was within a foot away by the time I'd finished! Dry sand is a bit of rarity along this stretch of coast so I wanted to capture it's glowing appeal. It was a joy to be in such a pleasant atmosphere and take on the challenge of the structural shapes and movement of life. I caught a group of seagulls upon the roof of the pink building and then some in the sky as they began to leave. As I'm painting I keep a look out for interesting figures etc and add them in as they happen. Should've put sun cream on my legs - they look like crab-sticks!

Summer's Here! oil on board 10 x 12 inch ©Tanya Pawsey 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment