Wednesday, 14 June 2017

Past the Golf Course

Wow, what a scorcher! The tide was fairly high here this morning so I head out along the Norfolk Coast Path. I was looking for a vista of the path along the cliff top and settled on this view in which Cromer light house stood to the left. I thought about using artistic licence and moving it in to the painting but felt it would be overbearing. I was using my pochade box which only takes 10 x 12 inch boards so I didn't have the option of a longer scope. I wanted the walkers on the path to be the focal point so I watched them and put them in when I liked their position. To the left I caught the top of a golf buggy as it drove over Cromer Royal Golf Club. I was very near the edge of the cliff so had to be careful not to stand back to view my work! 

Past the Golf Course oil on board 10 x 12 inch ©Tanya Pawsey 2017



No comments:

Post a Comment