Sunday, 11 June 2017

Into the Calm

Norfolk and Norwich Open Studios ended today and I think my first experience went pretty well. I had 153 visitors and sold six paintings, four limited edition prints and all fifty greeting cards I made. I met lots of interesting people, inspired a few and got plenty of compliments and encouragement. It feels good when someone tells you they picked you out of the brochure! It was nice being on an art trail and having other artists point visitors my way.

During open studios I completed a painting from a photograph I'd taken on Overstrand beach. Tensions have been pretty high lately with a general election taking place three days ago so I wanted to paint a scene that would take me away from it all. 

Into the Calm oil on board 48 x 75 cm ©Tanya Pawsey 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment