Thursday, 15 June 2017

Alicia and that Buoy

I have an exhibition coming up at The Art House Cafe in Cromer so with a local theme in mind I head to the east side beach where the fishing vehicles rest. This was my third time lucky as I actually finished the painting where the previous two had been wiped. I love the shapes of the boats and the character of the tractors but I struggle to get a good angle with enough interest around the vehicles. It can be a difficult place to paint also as it's busy and people like to look and chat. I find that an enjoyable part of painting out but when I'm counting down the time until I need to pick the kids up and I WILL finish this painting it can be frustrating. Today a guy pulled out a drawing of the pier and asked me to critique it's progress - you never know what's coming! I keep noticing the bright pink buoy on fishing boat Alicia and today I loved how it contrasted with the fresh green foliage of the cliff. I wish I hadn't run out of lemon yellow as I struggled to get the brightness of the buoy.

Alicia and that Buoy oil on board 10" x 12" ©Tanya Pawsey 2017





No comments:

Post a Comment