Wednesday, 10 May 2017

The Air Smells Sweet on Hungry Hill

Energized by the forecast of full sun all day I head back out to Northrepps to capture the glowing yellow field again.  Hungry Hill is a long and windy county lane, lined with cow parsley that was tall, fresh, green and almost ready to burst into bloom.  The field of rape was on my right and I stopped at passing places to check out the view.  Birds were singing and a sweet fragrance filled the air - it was a delight!  I add interest to the composition by choosing the buildings as a focal point as they make a nice backdrop to the flowers. I had a job peeling stuck bugs off my work and couldn't help feel sorry for them. I thought about leaving them as a feature but perhaps that's an experience of the outdoors I ought not to share. I used Michael Harding oil paints for the first time which was an improvement over the water based oils I've been using. My box easel enabled me to use a larger board which was exciting too.

The Air Smells Sweet on Hungry Hill oil on board 12 x 24 inches ©Tanya Pawsey 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment