Saturday, 29 April 2017

Fabulous Start to Open Studios!

Last night the Cromer Art Trail held a Private Viewing of  our Taster Exhibition for Open Studios at The Garden House.  I had a lovely time mingling with the artists and guests including the Cromer Mayor in his chains of office and a lovely lady who runs a local art group, who invited me to demonstrate.  My highlight of the evening was selling my latest and largest-to-date studio painting Candy, Cromer Beach. It was sold to a couple who live on Cliff Drive which is visible along the top of the painting.  I recently gave up part-time employment (again) which has been a bit of a worry and this is just the encouragement I needed! 

Candy, Cromer Beach. oil on board 48 x 75 cm.  SOLD!
The exhibition continues until next Sunday!
During the exhibition Cromer Art Trail Artists Demonstrations are taking place in the gallery and this Friday I'll be demonstrating plein-air painting on nearby Cromer Pier.  I'll be there come rain or shine so come and watch and please don't be afraid to distract me if you'd like to chat. These are free to view and Joy and Gita are very talented so why not make a day of it?




No comments:

Post a Comment